Search This Blog

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Vacation in California - San Francisco day 1

Ok so we set on our trip to California, and our first destination San Francisco.

You have to understand that we are both very BIG New Yorkers. We LOVE our city and of course extremely critical of everything around us.

I Left my heart at San Francisco - I don’t think so, my heart belongs to one and only city of New York.

After being here for a day San Francisco scored a B- in my grade book.

Fisherman Wharf was pretty good - B+, it reminded me a lot of Ostenze a small city in Belgium, with its colorful and rich sea food market and enormous selection of eateries.
The food is great and the spirit around the pier 39 is cheery .

Ripleys Believe it or Not museum was so so, we had fun though, but we are on vacation, we will have fun anywhere and with anything. :)

The 3D ride at the pier was great, I think I was the only one screaming during the ride.

Overall, the city impressed us with its architecture and cosy little streets and of course the numerous shops. But the homeless problem is huge. Trust me coming from New York, we know a thing or two about homeless, but here it seems that they are everywhere and some of them are really aggressive.

I left my heart in San Francisco, well instead of my heart I left 5 dollars to support AIDS organization because the person collecting the money would not leave us alone.

And my personal favorite today - Our guide on the hop-on hop-off bus said - “There are a lot of money our government spends on the City Hall, we have an office for Arnold Schwarzenegger being that he is the Governor and all. He was here once then he told us “I will be back” and never returned to the site”. :)

I loved the joke!!!!

If you are interested in seeing pictures please follow the link and enjoy! http://web.mac.com/lenafeygin

No comments: